Botox in a bottle? There’s no such thing!
What we do have are injectables that actually help achieve your beauty goals. It all depends on the type of look you’re going for.
But how much do you know about the neuromodulators available on the market? There’s a whole world beyond Botox®!
There are currently 4 types of FDA approved injectables that can create similar desired effects: Botox®, Dysport®, Nuceiva®, and Xeomin®.
Read on to learn more about Botox®, Dysport®, and other injectables available now! 👇🏼
What Is Botox®?
Botox® is the most popular cosmetic treatment in the United States.
It is mainly used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines by paralyzing the muscles underneath.
Here are 10 things that Botox® can help with:
- Wrinkle prevention and reduction – Botox® can temporarily erase or reduce horizontal forehead lines, vertical frown lines, and crow’s-feet. The injections slow muscles that contract hundreds of times a day, which eventually etches lines into the skin.
- Face and jaw slimming – Not only can Botox® slim your nose, but masseter Botox® can also slim down your face and jaw. How? Botox® can be used to relax jaw muscles, which then shrinks in size, creating a face-slimming and shaping effect that’s popular with our clients.
- Lip flip, with results like Kylie Jenner’s? – Just by injecting tiny drops of Botox® along the upper lip border, it can help roll the top lip up and out, appearing plumper. Not only is it subtler than collagen injections, it’s also cheaper because this technique only requires small amounts of Botox®! Who knew? Kylie Jenner’s fillers aren’t the only key to voluminous lips!
- Manage acne – Botox® can curb oil production, reducing breakouts. The forehead is the most effective and common area for using Botox® to curb oil production.
- Nose reshaping – Botox® can be a temporary way to help reshape the nose. It can help create a well defined nasal tip, add projection to your nasal tip, mask a “bump” in your nose to make it look straight, add volume to you nasal bride, and fix any nasal asymmetries.
- Teeth grinding – Involuntary teeth grinding can cause a larger jaw, jaw pain, headaches, the wearing away of tooth enamel, and gum sensitivity. Botox® can relax these muscles, reducing teeth grinding.
- Tighten jowls – As we age, our skin loses elasticity, and loss of elasticity can happen as early as your late 20s! Botox® relaxes the under jaw muscles, which causes an upward pulling of the facial muscles, reducing sagging jowls.
- Smooth your neck – Horizontal wrinkles can temporarily be removed with a “Botox Necklace”. Tiny amounts are injected into the muscles above and below the lines, creating the look of smoother skin.
- Say no to migraines – Botox® is injected into the forehead, temples, and scalp to stop migraines.
- Excessive sweating – Botox® is used to treat excessive sweating by injecting into the scalp, forehead, temples, underarms, palms, and even soles of the feet. This effect usually lasts for 6 months!
Concerned about discomfort? No worries! Botox® treatments are quick, painless, and requires no downtime for most people.
Still got questions? Here are some commonly asked questions all about…Botox®! 👇🏼
How long does Botox® last?
Usually up to 3 – 4 months, but you can always return for another Botox® treatment to top up your results!
How long does it take for Botox® to kick in?
You should begin to see results 3-7 days after your Botox® injection.
How many units of Botox® do you need for the forehead?
A forehead Botox® injection can require between 10 to 50 units. There are 100 units of Botox® in one vial.
How much is Botox® at Vancouver Laser & Skincare Centre and R·MEDYᴹᴰ Aesthetics?
1 unit of Botox® starts at $8. Pricing depends on the part of face or body you’d like to get Botox® for!
Is Botox® safe?
Botox® injections are safe, as long as it’s injected by a licensed and skilled health care provider.
At Vancouver Laser & Skincare Centre and R·MEDYᴹᴰ Aesthetics, our experienced physicians spent years perfecting their craft. Over the past 2 decades, we’ve treated thousands of patients with varying goals.
What is Dysport®?
Dysport® is another FDA approved wrinkle treatment that is particularly popular with seasoned Botox® (or other neurotoxins) users.
Its biggest strength is its spreadability, which means less injections are needed! It also sets in faster and lasts longer than its competitors. With its great spreadability, it’s ideal for larger areas like the forehead.
Dysport® is primarily used to treat glabellar lines (also known as frown lines) between your eyebrows. It’s also FDA approved to treat muscle spasm and stiffness.
Like Botox®, it treats excessive sweating and migraines as well.
Botox® vs Dysport®. What’s the difference?
Want to learn more? Here are some commonly asked questions all about Dysport®! 👇🏼
How long does Dysport® last?
It usually lasts around 4 months and up to 5 months. Dysport® is known to last longer than its competitors.
How many units of Dysport® is needed for elevens?
The frown lines (elevens) typically need at least 60 units of Dysport®. One vial of Dysport® has 300 units.
How long does it take for Dysport® to kick in?
You should begin to see results 2-3 days after your Dysport® injection, which is faster than its competitors.
How much is Dysport® at Vancouver Laser and R·MEDYᴹᴰ Aesthetics?
1 unit of Dysport® starts at $8. Pricing depends on the part of face or body you’d like to get Dysport® for!
What is Nuceiva®?
Nuceiva was approved to treat moderate to severe lines between the eyebrows. It is as effective as Botox® in treating forehead lines.
The main difference between Nuceiva and other neurotoxins is that it’s the first neurotoxin developed solely for aesthetic and cosmetic purposes.
How long does Nuceiva® take to work?
Results from Nuceiva® can show as early as two days!
What is Xeomin®?
Xeomin® is also approved for cosmetic use to treat frown lines between the brows
The biggest difference between Xeomin and most competitors is that it remains stable at room temperature and doesn’t need to be refrigerated prior to use, which makes no difference to the average patient.
Before and after:
We’ve got proof of great results.
Check out our Instagram for more before and after photos!
Book a free consultation with us, or just walk in
Our experts will know just the right injectable for you.
Want to visit Vancouver Laser and Skin Care Centre? Contact us here.
For R·MEDYᴹᴰ Aesthetics, our sister company, contact us here.