Coolsculpting® is the most advanced non-surgical body contouring treatment using a controlled cooling system to freeze unwanted fat deposits almost anywhere on the body.
- Effective nonsurgical reduction of fat trouble spots
- No needles or incisions
- No anesthesia required
- No downtime
How it works
The Coolsculpting procedure uses a precisely controlled cooling process known as Cryolipolysis® to freeze fatty tissue. Fat cells are more sensitive to the cold than other surrounding cells. As the fat cells are frozen and destroyed, the skin, nerves and other tissues are unharmed. 22% of the fat in the applicator is permanently destroyed. The skin also tightens over time following a Coolsculpting treatment.
What to expect
Your visit to Vancouver Laser for this treatment can take up to 1 hour per treated area. Tight clothing on the treated area is recommended to minimize swelling from the cooling process. Once the Coolsculpt applicator is removed, the ZWave acoustic shock wave device is used to increase fat cell destruction by an additional 33%. There is no additional charge for this service. The addition of the ZWave results in a total fat destruction of greater than 30%.
Gradual slimming of the treated area occurs over the weeks following the treatment as the body expels the destroyed fat cells through the natural lymphatic cleansing process.
Before + After Photos
Repeat treatment on the same area every 2 months as necessary until the patient feels that they have achieved the best possible result.
- Possible swelling and bruising
- Possible tingling, pins and needles and/or pain that can last for up to a month
- Possible cramping and itching
Post treatment care
- It is recommended to wear compression garment such as Spanx to reduce possible swelling
- Resume normal activities immediately post treatment
- Drink lots of water and stay hydrated – this assists in expelling the destroyed fat cells