LadyLase® is a non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation treatment available at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre. This innovative technology uses Er:Yag laser energy to tighten and rejuvenate the vagina which will treat symptoms of urinary stress incontinence.
- Reduce mild to moderate stress incontinence
- Tighten the vaginal muscles
- Tighten the labia majora and the labia minora
- Improve vaginal lubrication/moisture
- Potentially improve sexual function
How it works
The Fotona LadyLase® hand piece delivers targeted energy to the internal and external structures of the vagina causing collagen contraction and stimulating the production of new, tighter collagen. This process is called neocollagenesis. This improves the integrity of the vaginal mucosa. Approximately 80% of women report complete relief of mild to moderate urinary stress incontinence after two treatments.
What to expect
Your visit to Vancouver Laser for this treatment can take less than an hour and has no downtime or recovery period.
Please ensure that you have received a clear pap test within the last 3 years before trying this treatment.
Results vary from person to person. Although some patients have reported immediate improvement, you can expect the benefits to be noticeable about 2 – 4 weeks after treatment.
We recommend 2 treatments spaced 20 to 30 days apart followed by maintenance every 6 – 12 months.
- Possible spotting
- Possible cramping
- Feeling of fullness in the area
Post treatment care
- No necessary post care needed
- Sexual activity, use of tampons and vibrators should be avoided for at least 48 hours