Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre uses Lipodissolve as a non-surgical treatment that specifically targets localized fat and cellulite deposits using a cocktail of phosphotidylcholine, deoxycholate, and L-carnitine. This is a less-invasive alternative to liposuction as a body contouring option. Dr. Braun authored a chapter on injection lipolysis in the definitive textbook called “Cellulite”, edited by Dr. M. Goldman. Lipodissolve is often used as a treatment to fine tune contouring after Coolsculpting® procedure are complete.
- Non-surgical fat reduction
- Effective for cellulite removal
- Natural and very safe – used for over 25 years
- Short recovery period with mild swelling and redness
- Cost effective
How it works
Lipodissolve, also known as injection lipolysis or mesotherapy, has been safely used throughout the world for over 25 years. It destroys the fat cell membrane allowing the fat to be expelled out of the body. Lipodissolve can also be used to shrink lipomas, which are benign fatty tumors under the skin.
An Effective Cellulite Treatment
Often refereed to as “laser lipo”, this procedure is effective for people looking to get rid of cellulite.
What to expect
The treatment consists of a series of small injections into the target areas of localized fat. You may experience some swelling, numbness, bruising and or tingling in the treatment area. Any discomfort you experience can be reduced by wearing a compression garment immediately after the treatment. Your treatment time will be less than one hour.
Results vary from person to person and multiple sessions are usually recommended to gradually reduce the unwanted fat. As the body expels the fat, slimming of the area occurs over the next 4 to 8 weeks.
- 3 – 5 sessions
- Body treatments can be repeated every 3 – 6 weeks
- Swelling, possible bruising and itching
- Possible tingling, pins and needles, or pain
- Possible cramping
- Possible temporary nodules under the skin
Post treatment care
- It is recommended to wear compression garment such as Spanx to reduce possible swelling when having lipodissolve
- Resume normal activities immediately post treatment
- Avoid any strenuous exercise immediately post treatment