Many women and men concerned about the appearance of their noses are surprised to learn that surgical rhinoplasty isn’t always necessary to create a well-balanced nose. We can reshape your nose using dermal fillers, such as JUVÉDERM®, at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre, a technique called nonsurgical rhinoplasty.
Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Before & After Photos
© ALL BEFORE & AFTER PHOTOS ARE PATIENTS OF VANCOUVER LASER & SKIN CARE CENTRE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Who Can Benefit?
Contouring the nose using dermal fillers is an innovative approach that offers some patients an excellent alternative to surgery when performed by a skilled, highly trained injector such as Dr. Leanne Rowthorn. Fillers are an appropriate choice for patients concerned about their noses’ shapes, but can’t change the size of a nose. Fillers can be effectively used for patients who want changes that include:
- Building the bridge (augmenting the dorsum)
- Refining the results of nose surgery (filling in small defects)
- Correcting asymmetry and concavities
- Enhancing the tip (adding dimension or improving the shape of a flat tip)
- Smoothing or straightening the nasal hump
In some cases, women and men who are disappointed with the results of surgical rhinoplasty can get the desired outcome using fillers, instead of undergoing a revision nose job.
Understanding the Procedure
Based on the concerns with your nose’s appearance that you describe at your consultation, your injector will create a customized plan to address those issues. Nonsurgical rhinoplasty combines various fillers, such as JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, STYLAGE® XXL, and Restylane® products, which are more commonly used to treat nasolabial folds and other fine lines and wrinkles that develop with age. These injectable gels have different consistencies and can provide subtle changes when used as part of a nonsurgical rhinoplasty.
Fillers are made with substances that the body naturally produces (primarily hyaluronic acid.) The filler material is gradually absorbed by the body, and the results of your procedure may last for up to a year.
Advantages of Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty
Nasal contouring with dermal fillers includes a number of benefits that surgical rhinoplasty can’t match. Those include:
- Results are temporary. If you’re not happy with the changes produced by the procedure, the results fade gradually and, if desired, you can attempt a different approach.
- Changes are natural looking.
- Because of their versatility, dermal fillers can be used to make precise changes that aren’t always possible through surgery.
- You’ll see the results immediately, or very soon after the procedure. The results following surgical rhinoplasty, on the other hand, can take up to a year to be fully realized.
- Patients can offer input during the procedure because they are awake, helping to ensure the outcome matches their aesthetic goals.
- There’s no need to miss work or school because nonsurgical rhinoplasty doesn’t require any downtime. Patients may notice some minor bruising or redness, but these side effects typically resolve quickly. Makeup can minimize these effects.
Using fillers for nasal contouring also offers patients considering surgical rhinoplasty the opportunity to “test-drive” changes to the nose before making a decision about getting a nose job.
After undergoing nonsurgical rhinoplasty, patients who want to maintain their results need to return to our practice about every 6-12 months for touch-up treatments. If you aren’t satisfied with the results, you can quickly reverse the changes. A special enzyme called hyaluronidase can be injected within the first 24 hours after the procedure, immediately dissolving hyaluronic acid fillers such as JUVÉDERM and Restylane.
If you’re thinking about getting rhinoplasty in the Vancouver area and want to learn more about our nonsurgical approach to nasal contouring, request a consultation using the online form. You can also call our Vancouver clinic at (604) 708-9891 to schedule an appointment.