hcPRP (highly concentrated platelet-rich plasma) at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre is a procedure that delivers a unique blend of wound healing and growth factor platelets into your damaged skin to help smooth away the fine lines and replace some lost volume. This treatment Is well tolerated by most individuals, even those who are sensitive to other injectables, as hcPRP used the patient’s own blood platelets. The “hc” in HcPRP indicates that we use Highly Concentrated platelet rich plasma, making our version one of he most potent forms of PRP available in Greater Vancouver.
- hcPRP is the HIGHLY CONCENTRATED version of PRP
- No risk of immune or disease transmission
- Natural, safe, and very well tolerated
How it works
hcPRP stimulates a controlled inflammatory response to produce new collagen and tighten the skin. The term “Vampire Lift” has been used to describe PRP mixed with hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Belotero, Teosyal, Revenesse, Stylage) to fill and rejuvenate the face.
What to expect
The hcPRP treatment takes less than 1 hour. A numbing cream is applied prior to the treatment as a comfort measure. Our in clinic nurse will take a few vials of your blood, and after a unique and sterile spin and separation session, will reintroduce the hcPRP into the desired treatment area.
The area may be swollen and tender immediately following the treatment. Bruising is a possibility.
The skin rejuvenation from hcPRP gradually takes anywhere from 1 to 3 months after the initial treatment.
We suggest repeating the treatment twice a year to maintain any results.
- Possible swelling for 1 – 5 days
- Immediate redness that resembles a sunburn that can last for 3 – 4 hours followed by residual redness that can last for up to 7 days.
- Possible bruising at the injection sites
Post treatment care
- We advise that you should avoid any makeup other than Jane Iredale or Oxygenetix for 24 hours after the treatment
- Cleanse with gentle foaming cleanser and do not use retinols or acidic lotions
- Apply sunscreen
- For treatments around the eye area we recommend that you bring sunglasses to your appointment to wear after the treatment