Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatments at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre are among the most potent available in the Vancouver region. Our highly concentrated platelet-rich plasma (hcPRP) delivers a unique blend of wound healing and growth factor platelets that rejuvenates your skin by minimizing fine lines and restoring lost volume. This treatment Is well tolerated by most individuals, even those who are sensitive to other injectables, as hcPRP used the patient’s own blood platelets. The “hc” in hcPRP indicates that we use Highly Concentrated platelet rich plasma, making our version one of he most potent forms of PRP available in Greater Vancouver.
Benefits of PRP Therapy
Using plasma enriched with platelets from your own blood is something that the medical field has been doing for years to help patients recover from injuries. The growth factors contained in platelets promote faster healing and stimulate the production of new collagen. The PRP treatments at Vancouver Laser & Skin Centre take PRP to the next level, using a highly concentrated form of the serum.
Because the platelets come from your own blood, related benefits include:
- No risk of immune or disease transmission
- Natural, safe, and very well-tolerated
The skin conditions that PRP helps improve include wrinkles and fine lines, lost volume in the cheeks, and acne scarring. Many people these days are asking “how to restore collagen to the face?” and we believe PRP is one of the absolute best ways to do this.
How PRP treatments work
hcPRP stimulates a controlled inflammatory response to produce new collagen and tighten the skin. Sometimes dermal fillers (JUVÉDERM®, Restylane®, BELOTERO BALANCE®, TEOSYAL®, Revanesse®, STYLAGE®) are combined with PRP therapy to fill and rejuvenate the face.
What to expect During a PRP treatment
The hcPRP treatment takes less than 1 hour. A numbing cream is applied prior to the treatment as a comfort measure. Our in clinic nurse will take a few vials of your blood, and after a unique and sterile spin and separation session, will reintroduce the hcPRP into the desired treatment area.
The area may be swollen and tender immediately following the treatment. Bruising is a possibility.
The skin rejuvenation from hcPRP gradually takes anywhere from 1 to 3 months after the initial treatment.
- After a PRP treatment, you can expect restoration of lost volume and the minimization of fine lines on the skin.
We suggest repeating the treatment twice a year to maintain any results.
- Possible swelling for 1 – 5 days
- Immediate redness that resembles a sunburn that can last for 3 – 4 hours followed by residual redness that can last for up to 7 days.
- Possible bruising at the injection sites
Post treatment care
- We advise that you should avoid any makeup other than Jane Iredale or Oxygenetix for 24 hours after the treatment
- Cleanse with gentle foaming cleanser and do not use retinols or acidic lotions
- Apply sunscreen
- For treatments around the eye area we recommend that you bring sunglasses to your appointment to wear after the treatment