Sculptra® is a biocompatible and biodegradable injectable material that stimulates the body to produce its own natural collagen.
- Stimulates the growth of new collagen under the skin
- Increases skin thickness and skin radiance
- Subtle and gradual facial volume enhancement over time
How it works
Sculptra® particles stimulate collagen production over a period of months in volume deficient areas. Sculptra is particularly effective for volume loss in the temples and in front of the ears.
What to expect
The Sculptra® treatment takes less than one hour and most patients report minimal discomfort with the procedure. As with any injectable procedure, bruising is always a possibility.
When to resume normal activities
You may resume all normal activities after a Sculptra® treatment.
The Sculptra® collagen stimulation process occurs over 3 to 6 months. You may repeat the Sculptra® treatment every 2-3 months until the desired result is achieved.
Once you have the volume you desire, we recommend that you have treatment approximately every 1-2 years to maintain results.
- Possible swelling in or around the injection site
- Possible bruising
Post treatment care
- Massage treated areas for 5 minutes, 5 times a day for 5 days to avoid any lumps