Thermage® CPT™ is a popular non-surgical radiofrequency (RF) procedure that tightens the skin and generates new collagen. With a vibrating handpiece, pulsating energy along with cooling bursts ensure superior patient comfort. Over 1 million Thermage® CPT™ treatments have been performed worldwide.
- Non-surgical skin tightening
- Very safe with no downtime
How it works
The Thermage® CPT™ procedure uses patented radiofrequency energy and delivers this heat with a sophisticated treatment tip. As the deep tissues are heated, the top skin layers are protected with a unique cooling spray. This deep volumetric heating causes the skin to tighten and new collagen to grow, producing a more youthful appearance on specific areas of the body.
What to expect
Your visit to Vancouver Laser for Thermage® CPT™ can take up to 3 hours and we offer various forms of medication for comfort as desired, though most patients find that OTC medication is sufficient.
We require that patients arrange an escorted ride home after the procedure if they choose medication. Patients must not operate machinery for 24 hours after the treatment. This includes driving an automobile.
Some clients feel an initial tightening immediately following the procedure. However most results appear gradually in 1 – 3 months.
Repeat treatment every 6 months to 1 year as desired.
- Possible swelling that usually subsides within an hour or two
- Possible bruising
- Possible small crusting / scabbing
- A tender feeling
Post treatment care
- If you experience any scabbing or crusting apply polysporin for 3 days
- Resume normal skin care activities immediately post treatment
- Due to the medication administered we recommend that you rest for 8 hours post the treatment