At Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre, we use the versatile Fotona pixel fractional laser for clients concerned about wrinkles, fine lines, acne scars, and irregular skin texture—but don’t want the downtime associated with traditional resurfacing. The laser’s flexibility enables us to fine-tune treatments based on your specific skin condition, ranging from a light peel to deep collagen remodeling. The use of both the Er:YAG laser and the Nd:YAG laser is called Twinlight® Fractional Rejuvenation. This laser method targets imperfections in the skin while reducing the impact on the surrounding healthy tissue. Other examples of fractional skin resurfacing are the Fraxel, the Pearl, the Pixel and the Sciton.
Benefits of the Fotona laser
By customizing your laser skin resurfacing treatment, we can carefully control the extent of the procedure. Combining the ablative and non-ablative laser treatments creates a comprehensive anti-aging procedure. The benefits of TwinLight fractional rejuvenation include:
- Meeting your specific skin rejuvenation expectations
- Comprehensive skin resurfacing results without surgery or chemical alternatives
- Suitable for all skin types and tones
- Minimal downtime
How it works
The Fotona Fractional Resurfacing at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre is a 3 step treatment. Firstly, the Nd:YAG beam conditions the skin with deep dermal heating. Secondly, the Er:YAG beam gently removes the old skin with precise micro-ablated channels and then finally, the skin is ablated with a light peeling beam that removes superficial imperfections. This form of laser skin tightening produces younger looking skin.
What to expect from the Fotona Laser
Your visit to Vancouver Laser for Fotona Fractional Rejuvenation will take up to 1 hour and the level of comfort is dependent on the intensity of the treatment. A topical numbing cream will be provided as a comfort measure as needed.
Skin Rejuvination Results
You will have approximately 48 hours of redness that resembles a sunburn. Cold vinegar compresses can be applied for comfort and Tylenol every 4 hours is acceptable if needed. After 36 hours the redness will start to subside and the abnormal cells will gradually peel and slough off. A light exfoliation can be done on day 7 to smooth off the peeling skin.
1 Fotona Laser treatment every 3 months until the desired skin rejuvenation is obtained.
- Increasing redness for 24 hours with the dull cells turning brown and exfoliating over
the next 5 days
Post treatment care
- Avoid sun exposure and make up application for 48 hours post treatment. Any sun exposure should be done with an SPF 50 or more.
- We advise that you should avoid any makeup other than Jane Iredale or Oxygenetix for 48 hours after the treatment to reduce the possibility of acne breakouts
- Cleanse with gentle foaming cleanser and do not use retinals or lotions with acid
- Avoid exercise for 24 hours after the treatment
- Keep the treated area moisturized and hydrated
Learn more about Fotona fractional laser skin resurfacing and if you can benefit from the procedure by requesting a consultation at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre using the online form. Or call us at 604-708-9891 to schedule an appointment.
Learn more about how to get smooth skin by checking our our blog post here!