Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre is Canada’s first laser hair removal clinic and we have been successfully reducing unwanted hair for over 20 years. We offer the most up-to-date technology to effectively reduce body hair with very little discomfort.
Semi permanent hair removal
Both men and women visit our Vancouver clinic for laser hair removal treatments from West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey and Delta and throughout all of British Columbia. Our technicians are highly trained and monitored by our 3 in-house doctors to ensure optimal safety during our laser hair removal treatments.
- Safe, effective, no downtime
- Relatively painless using multiple passes with lower energy technology
- Semi permanent hair removal
How it works
We use the Fotona® high performance Nd:YAG laser system that is safe to use on all skin types. This is the same customizable laser system we use for laser skin resurfacing. The Nd:YAG wavelength is the longest wavelength available that can target the deepest hair follicles. It is also the safest wavelength for darker skin types. The laser targets the pigmentation in the hair follicle while leaving the surrounding tissues unaffected. Generally resulting in semi permanent hair removal.
Traditionally a laser hair removal service uses high energies with a single pass on the skin. This is effective but hurts more than lower energies with multiple passes on the skin. In 2009, Dr. Braun published the world’s first study demonstrating that multiple passes with lower energies are just as effective for laser hair reduction as traditional high energy single pass methods, and much more comfortable.
What to expect
Most patients can expect a significant reduction of 80% or better with the remaining body hair becoming finer and softer after multiple treatments.
The patient is required to arrive with the area freshly shaven and the treatment time can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour or more depending on the size of the area.
As the hair follicle grows in stages, body hair reduction is a process that requires regular treatments spaced approximately 6 – 8 weeks apart. The success of laser hair reduction depends largely on a patient’s skin and hair type.
- Body – 7 to 12 sessions every 6 – 8 weeks
- Face – 7 to 12 sessions every 4 – 6 weeks
- Possible temporary mild acne
- Possible redness and sensitivity
Post treatment care
- Apply sunscreen as your skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 48 hours after the treatment
- Avoid working out for 24 hours following the procedure
- Avoid hot showers and abrasive lotions for 24 hours following the treatment