Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre is Canada’s first laser hair removal clinic and we have been successfully reducing unwanted hair for over 20 years. We offer the most up to date technology to effectively reduce hair with very little discomfort using a variety of devices. Both men and women have been visiting our Vancouver clinic for laser hair removal treatments from West Vancouver, Richmond, Burnaby, Surrey and Delta and throughout all of British Columbia since 1996. Our technicians are highly trained and monitored by our 3 in house doctors to ensure that your safety is our top priority.
- Safe, effective, no downtime
- Relatively painless using multiple passes with lower energy technology
How it works
Laser Hair Reduction with the Fotona® is a high performance Nd:YAG laser system that is safe to use on all skin types. The Nd-Yag wavelength is the longest wavelength available that can target the deepest hair follicles. It is also the safest wavelength for darker skin types. The laser targets the pigmentation in the hair follicle while leaving the surrounding tissues unaffected. Laser hair removal traditionally used high energies with a single pass on the skin. This is effective but hurts more than lower energies with multiple passes on the skin. In 2009, Dr. Braun published the world’s first study demonstrating that multiple passes with lower energies are just as effective and much more comfortable for laser hair reduction as traditional high energy single pass methods.
What to expect
Most patients can expect a significant reduction of 80% or better with the remaining hair becoming finer and softer after multiple treatments.
The patient is required to arrive with the area freshly shaven and the treatment time can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 1 hour or more depending on the size of the area.
As the hair follicle grows in stages, hair reduction is a process that requires regular treatments spaced approximately 6 – 8 weeks apart. The success of laser hair reduction depends largely on a patient’s skin and hair type.
- Body – 7 to 12 sessions every 6 – 8 weeks
- Face – 7 to 12 sessions every 4 – 6 weeks
- Possible temporary mild acne
- Possible redness and sensitivity
Post treatment care
- Apply sunscreen as your skin is temporarily more sensitive to the sun
- Avoid shaving the treated area for 48 hours after the treatment
- Avoid working out for 24 hours following the procedure
- Avoid hot showers and abrasive lotions for 24 hours following the treatment