Microdermabrasion is a pleasant skin-refreshing technique that helps repair sun damage, pigmentation and the effects of aging on the skin. For microdermabrasion at Vancouver Laser & Skin Care Centre, we use the Dermasweep. This is one of many non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed by our highly trained skin specialists that offer no downtime.
Benefits & Treating Uneven Skin Tone
- Non invasive and works on all skin types
- Helps to treat uneven skin tone
- Very safe with no downtime
- Can improve keratosis pilares (rough skin on upper arms and shoulders)
- Can serve as a skin brightening technique
- Microderm facial technique can help create beautiful, glowing facial skin
How it works
The Dermasweep microdermabrasion gently buffs and polishes the skin to achieve a healthy glow. The nylon and silk bristles combined with a controlled vacuum suction, gently exfoliates the top damaged layer of skin.
What to expect
Your visit to Vancouver Laser for Microdermabrasion takes about 30 minutes and requires no comfort measures. This treatment can be paired with an O2 Facial for optimal hydration. (Learn more about O2 facials here.)
As the dull dead skin cells are gently removed a fresher more glowing skin is revealed. Microdermabrasion at Vancouver Laser is a very effective way to treat uneven skin tone.
The removal of dead skin cells also allows for greater penetration of your active skin creams, serums and lotions, and improves circulation and lymphatic drainage.
Repeat treatment every 3 to 6 months or as desired.
- The skin may be slightly pink for 1 to 2 hours